- In Rihanna's song "Hard" the lyrics go "Who think they test me now, Run through your town, I shut it down, Brilliant, resilient, Fan mail from 27 million"
- According to the British music magazine Mojo (December 2007) and the Spanish language newsweekly Proceso, and other Latin American publications, the title was also inspired by Chapter 27 of Robert Rosen's book Nowhere Man: The Final Days of John Lennon. Rosen's book explores the numerological meaning of 27, “the triple 9”, a number of profound importance to John Lennon. Lennon was deeply interested in numerology, particularly Cheiro’s Book of Numbers, and nine and all its multiples.
- Aidan Stevens, bassist of the London-based band 'This Is Not A Dead Transmission' has the number 27 on his guitars which are all black and silver.
- The band Marvelous 3 has a song called "#27" on their "Hey!" Album, which was released on October, 27th, 1998.
- Country music singer Gretchen Wilson also see the number 27 in her life. She has a #27 on a dogtag on her neclace and her official fan club is called Club 27.
- "Weird Al" Yankovic is obsessed with the number 27 and hides them all over his album artwork, videos and even in his music. Check out the Weird Al 27 List.
- The Metallica albums "Load" and "Reload" were one recording split into 2 separate released albums. Load and Reload had a combination of 27 tracks. The sound of the albums also defined the "new" Metallica. Load is also the first and only Metallica album that I actually bought. Provided by, Erik.
- As well as being the first music video ever shown, 'Video Killed the Radio Star' was also the millionth shown on MTV on February 27th, 2000. It's also the 3rd most aired video in MTV history. Peter Gabriel's 'Sledgehammer' is 1st.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010