- Paul Tracy, CART race car driver won his first world title in Champ Car in 2003. He had a 27 point advantage over 2nd place in the championship. He's one of my favorite drivers and has been trying to win the CART championship for 12 years.
- Twenty-seven = The number of world championships for the New York Yankees after defeating the Philadelphia Phillies to win the World Series in six games.
- Twenty-seven = Babe Ruth’s number multiplied by Roger Maris’, three and nine. It is also the number formed when combining Derek Jeter and Mickey Mantle’s number, two and seven.
- Twenty-seven = the number of doubles for Derek Jeter in 2009 and the amount of doubles Jeter now has in his postseason career after his double in the clincher.
- 7 + 2 = 9: Years between the past two titles. The longest such drought was 18 years, which happened between 1978 and 1996, and this one is the third-longest in team history. The second-longest occurred between 1962 and 1977.
- 7-2 = 5: Derek Jeter, Hideki Matsui, Jorge Posada, Andy Pettitte and Mariano Rivera. The only five Yankees remaining from the 2003 World Series loser.
- Darrell Rasner. The last Yankee to wear No. 27 during a game, back in 2007. Joe Girardi currently sports the number.
Thursday, November 26, 2009